When you capture a picture and upload it on your social media account, then it displays your current location to the viewers. Your uploaded details can be used to create a threat to the privacy of your social media account, So, it is good to remove the location from iPhone photo by following the steps mentioned below.
Steps to Remove Location from iPhone Photo
• Go to the Settings application.
• Go down and press on the Privacy option.
• This privacy option resembles a white hand given on an azure color wallpaper symbol.
• Click on the Location Services option located at the upper side of the display.
• Find the camera symbol by going to the menu list of all the installed applications.
• After finding the camera symbol, press on it.
• Click on the Never option located in the “Allow Location Access” column to turn on the geotagging.
• You will get a highlight to the right-hand side of the Never button after completing this procedure correctly.
• You will notice that when you turn on the location services option for the Camera application, then it will not delete the geotag details from the pictures which you have already captured.
• If you turn off in this way will work with a specific Camera application.
• The third-party camera applications star adding the geotagging in case you are not disabled for the application.
• In case you use third-party apps such as Instagram and Facebook to capture pictures, these applications can access the camera and capture pictures by adding the location data.
In case you have captured many pictures, and you can delete the geotag from the applications, then you wish to go through every picture for the location data.
To check that the picture is geotagged or not, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
• Open the Photos application.
• Press to launch the picture you wish to see.
• In case the picture is already geotagged, then you will get the geographical details on your screen.
• Slide up on the picture to go to the Places menu.
• Now, you can see a particular location on the map where you have captured the picture.
• In case your picture does not have the location data, then you can see the time and data over the picture.
• When you slide up, it will not show a Places column.
Steps to Strip the Geotag details from Pictures on iPhone
• Go to the image editor on your iPhone to immediately go to the Camera Roll.
• Choose the image you wish and start adding it the image editor.
• Press on the Metadata symbol at the end of the display so that you can check or customize the metadata of the chosen picture.
• Press on the Information symbol located at the upper right-hand side to get the metadata information of the picture.
• Search for the Data Created option and press in it to adjust the time and date of the picture.
• You can also edit and add to the current IPTC metadata of the picture. Here you will get all the saved location data.
• After making all the changes, you can transfer the picture by going to the image editor application into the Photo application.
Anna Mathew, writer of this blog loves to write and create awareness related to day-to-day internet threats. Major topics of her interest are Printer support like Canon Printer Support, HP Printer Customer Support, Lexmark Printer Support, Brother Printer Support etc.